1. Assume you know everything.
I figured out I knew everything by the time I was 22 or 23, and decided to stop seeking information. After all, when you know everything, there’s no such thing as learning anymore.
2. Start Every Session with 5 sets of Bench, 3 sets of Curls, and 100 Crunches.
This is the absolute key ingredient for an amazing body. Most of the people at big-box gyms have it figured out, if you look at their program. They look great, and this is exactly what they’re doing.
3. No Plan = Great Results
It’s imperative that you just saunter in the gym with no idea of what you’re going to do for your workout that day. Here’s some keys to my “No Plan Muscle Man” Mantra:
a) Talk to fellow gym members, check emails on your phone, and text between exercises. This will ensure you have plenty of rest to really get into your fat stores.
b) Once you finish an exercise, just kind of look around for 3-4 minutes and then go to an exercise you do every time at the gym, and give it a half-hearted, 50% effort. Another option is to look at yourself in the mirror to lengthen your rest periods.
c) Stick with exercises you’ve done a thousand times with no results. Once you practice it enough times, you will really start to get fit.
4. If you’re going to do cardio for fat loss, make sure to run for a really long time at a moderate pace. The only thing you could do that would trump this is to bring a book or magazine to read while you’re on the elliptical. Books and magazines have been proven to make you work harder and burn more calories.
5. Mirror Everyone Else at the Gym
This is integral to optimize your results for a strong, lean body. I’ve found that I can just watch what other people are doing, and copy their workouts. Are you ready to get shredded??
6. Turn your Bicep Curls into Low Back Extensions
This is another strategy I learned from a high-level Sports Medicine Professional. What a great way to work 2 muscle groups at the same time! When you are doing standing biceps curls, make sure to violently extend at the low back and bend backwards. It’s not only safe, but extremely effective.
7. If You’re Eating Several Small Meals a Day, Always include a High-Glycemic Carb with Every Meal
This is a no-brainer, but I had to mention it. One of the secrets to extreme fat loss is grazing with foods like candy, donuts, crackers and chips all day. When I go into an extreme fat loss phase, every night before I go to sleep, I actually hook up an IV of high-fructose corn syrup, just to keep my body in fat-burning mode. The fat just rips right off!
8. Pink Weights are Perfect
For my females clients, I stick to to sets of 15 reps or more with extremely light weights. This is the key to a challenging workout. One of my favorite workouts involves pink polystyrene 6 lb. weights. I just give these to any woman and have them do every exercise with the same set of dumbbells. Talk about variety and results!
LATE APRIL FOOLS!